This policy was last updated on 23 September 2020.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with a particular person.
We collect a variety of Personal Information about our guests, customers and visitors to our website. As our website is not intended for children, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information relating to children.
The Personal Information that the Hotel has collected in the preceding 12 months fall into the following categories:
- Identifiers includes title, gender, first name, maiden name, last name, social security number, driver’s
license number or state identification card number, passport number, username or similar identifier
and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this
may include your social media user name.
- Personal Information includes name, social security number, physical characteristics, home address,
billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers, passport number, driver’s license
or state identification card number, signature, education, employment, employment history, credit
card number, debit card number, bank account number, medical information (such as allergies), your
username and password.
- Protected Characteristics includes age, color, disability, gender identity/expression, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex/gender.
- Commercial Information includes details about payments to and from you, details of products and
services you have purchased from us, and your purchasing preferences.
- Internet or other electronic network information includes your login data and information we collect
about you from cookies.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information includes photos and videos.
- Professional or Employment Related Information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary
about you, i.e. your online profiled data, such as your interests, preferences, feedback and survey
responses, as well as any data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling), and
your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication
How We Collect Your Personal Information
The Hotel acquires this information from the following categories of sources:
- You Directly;
- Group or Corporate Bookings;
- Publicly Available Sources;
- Social Media, where privacy settings are set to public;
- Third Party Booking Services
- Technology Partners
- Payment and Fraud Prevention Services
- Analytics Providers
- Data Partners
- Feedback and Review Partners
- Third Parties to whom you have given permission to share your data with us;
- Third Parties who are permitted by law to share your personal data with us.
For an explanation of the main ways we do this, see the section on “How we collect data” on our general
How and why we use your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our Hotel’s business, to provide our
products and services, for management purpose, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives.
Click here to see a table explaining the business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal
Information, the types of Personal Information that applies to and why it is we can do this. In addition to those listed on the table, the Hotel is also collecting Personal Information, such as name and email addresses, for tracing purposes in case of a COVID-19 outbreak.
What Personal Information Have We Shared to Third Parties
We have shared Personal Information and may share your Personal Information with third parties for our operational business purposes. Third parties include our suppliers and service providers (such as outsourced service providers for administration and hotel management (e.g. booking and reservation systems, customer relationship management systems), technology and media services providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, fulfilment partners for the gift shop), Dorchester Collection group and affiliates, auditors and professional advisors like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers, and government, regulators and law enforcement. We also share Personal Information with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. The Hotel does not sell Personal Information.
In the preceding 12 months, we shared the following Personal Information to third parties for our operational business purposes:
|Category of Personal Information Disclosed||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers, such as name, passport, visa, or other government-issued identification data, and online identifiers.|
|Personal Information, as defined in California Civil Code § 1798.80, such as name, contact information, employment, employment history, and financial information.|
|Protected Characteristics, such as race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, marital status.|
|Commercial Information, such as details about payments, products and services purchased, and purchasing preferences.|
|Internet or Other Electronic Activity Information, such as cookies.|
|Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information, such as photos.|
|Professional or Employment related information.|
|Inferences Draw from any of the information identified to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.|
Your Rights Under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know about Personal Information collected, disclosed, or sold.
- Right to Request that we disclose what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sells, including:
- The categories of Personal Information that we collected of you,
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected,
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information,
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information,
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you,
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such Personal Information
- Right to Request Deletion of any Personal Information that we collected for you.
- Right to Opt-Out of any and all future “sale” of Personal Information.
- Right to be Free From Unlawful Discrimination because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us via this form or call +1 (833) 345-0754. An authorized agent may also complete the foregoing forms or call the toll-free number on your behalf. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. This includes matching identifying information provided by you to your Personal Information that we maintain. We will ask you for basic information such as whether you’re a California resident, the nature of your request, your first and last name, email, and details about your purchasing history to verify your identity. If you are making a request to know specific categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, we will ask you to sign a declaration under penalty and perjury that you are the consumer to whom the request pertains. You will not be charged a fee for the verification of your request to know or delete.
The Hotel does not sell Personal Information.
The CCPA allows businesses to offer consumers financial incentives for sharing Personal Information. For example, a business can offer a rewards program or provide a premium service to guests as compensation for their Personal Information.
The Dorchester Collection and it’s Hotels offer loyalty programs and memberships, that vary depending on the property. Benefits of becoming a member of a loyalty program may include:
- Signing privileges to a monthly account,
- Complimentary valet parking for dining in Hotel restaurants,
- Accommodation upgrade and complimentary amenities for you and referred guests,
- Guaranteed reservations with preferential seating in restaurants,
- A 20% discount on Hotel logo items,
- Complimentary use of boardrooms, based upon availability.
Benefits of signing up for a membership include:
- Access to facilities such as fitness centers and pools
- Complimentary daytime valet parking
- Massage services
- Discounts on retail products and spa treatments
- Discounts at Hotel restaurants
- Discounts on Hotel guestroom reservations
- Discounts at the Hotel boutiques
- Discounts at salons located at the Hotels
- House account charging privileges
- Invitation plus one guest to exclusive spa and wellness events
- Preferred reservations at promotional events.
The categories of Personal Information that are implicated by loyalty programs and memberships include:
- Identifiers such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number
- Personal Information such as name, signature, postal address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and employment.
- Protected Characteristics such as gender and age
- Commercial Information
- Professional or Employment related information
If you choose to participate in any of the financial incentives offered by the Hotel, you have the right to withdraw from the financial incentive at any time. You may submit a request to withdraw from the financial incentive at any time by completing this form or by calling +1 (833) 345-0754.
The loyalty programs and memberships are reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data because the consumer’s data is necessary for the Hotels to provide the loyalty program and membership requested and is reasonably anticipated within the context of the Hotel’s ongoing relationship with them pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.105, subdivision(d)(1).