We welcome members of the media to view our latest press releases and learn more about the hotel, including its distinguished history.
For official pictures, please refer to our Image Library.
For any further information, contact our Communications Department.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate responsibility is a means for Dorchester Collection to act in accordance with its values to fulfill its vision of being the ultimate hotel management company, dedicated to excellence and innovation. Dorchester Collection acts in a manner founded on fair treatment of its people, responsiveness to the needs of its guests, environmental responsibility, ethical business practice, and making a positive contribution to local communities. To ensure this stance is embedded into day-to-day activities, Dorchester Collection is working towards:
- Systematic management of corporate responsibility goals: the chief executive has overall responsibility for performance, working with general managers and executive management to demonstrate leadership and commitment.
- Measuring performance against a set of key indicators, within a culture that seeks continuous performance improvement.
- Providing regular information on performance and sharing good practices.
- Maintaining and updating its approach, taking account of developments within its hotels, sectors, and the wider operating environment.
Hotel Principe di Savoia
- Maintenance teams meet monthly to determine total waste generated by the hotel and to implement new systems to reduce gas emissions and water use
- An employee is assigned to control all material leaving the hotel to assure it is recycled accordingly
- Employees receive an energy saving manual with tips on preserving the environment as well as a PC Green Manual with insight on using personal computers efficiently
- Use mostly local products for food & beverage programme including wines, oils, vegetables and meat, and endeavor to verify that all suppliers respect the environment by reviewing certifications
- Held a breakfast for Dynamo Camp (Italy’s first summer camp for children with chronic or serious illnesses) to raise awareness and find new sponsors
- Donate bread on a daily basis to Association Siticibo, which collects bakery products for the homeless and others in need
- Encourage and support volunteering in the community with charity organisation, Pane Quotidiano
- Donated € 2 to City Angels every time someone ordered our Piatto Solidale at our Acanto Restaurant
- Donated € 5 to LILT (The Italian Cancer League) for our Pretty in Pink cocktail sold during the month of October
- Donated the prize of a two-night to raise money for Fondazione Rava for Haiti
- Afternoon tea voucher for Benvenuto Charity Bazaar
- Sold chocolates, oranges and plants to help raise funds for AIRC (The Italian Association for Cancer Research)
- Donated to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (raising money and awareness of Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Regularly collect caps to help raise funds for Girotondo Onlus
- Regularly collect clothing for charity organisation, Pane Quotidiano
- Dinner for Fondazione Veronesi to help raise funds and build awareness
- Organized a lunch for over 100 homeless in collaboration with City Angels
- Ongoing participation in projects with National Association for Cancer Prevention, including offering all employees cancer testing and donations to LILT Milan (The Italian Cancer League) association against cancer
- Employees take part in charity city marathons
- Weekly occupational psychologist visits the hotel, for employees experiencing difficult personal or professional circumstances
- “Children in the Office” programme organized for employees to bring their children into the hotel to experience a real-world work setting
- Football tournaments and volleyball tournaments