Be our guest and fully experience Geneva
It has been an incredible week, full of discoveries and experiences! Le Richemond and Geneva Tourism welcomed six American bloggers to show them the sights of Geneva.
Our special guests came with different interests in travel, lifestyle and fashion, curious of discovering the city and its surroundings. Here is a glimpse into their exciting stay!
From the airport to the hotel…
For this, we have a few handy tips from our concierge to share. From the airport, take the train, it only takes six minutes to reach the city centre and it is free of charge using the ticket machine in the baggage reclaim hall of the airport. As easy as A, B, C!
The hotel is just a five-minute walk from the train station. Just follow the Alps Avenue: ‘Rue des Alpes’.
Kind of in love with the view from my room @le_richemond! Can you see the #JetdEau? – @SurfnSunshine
Exploring Geneva: first stop, Le Richemond
You’ll feel so happy to discover your home away from home at Le Richemond. Relax with a glass of wine and admire the city skylights from your balcony. Goodnight!
Ready for a full day of fun activities? Here are our must-do ideas, let’s go!
- By the lake: you can chill and relax at Le Bains des Pâquis. Have a swim and enjoy the splendid view on the lake that surrounds you.
- In addition to your complimentary transport card, get a Geneva Pass for 24, 48 or 72 hours in order to discover Geneva surroundings!
- Visit the world famous, L’horloge fleurie (Flower Clock), one of the main attractions of the city.
Visiting farmer markets, around the world, one city at a time. – @blankitinerary
- Visit the old town and its market on Thursdays.
Geneva, now you’re just showing off. – @blankitinerary
- Have a picnic in the park while enjoying the sun.
- Visit Carouge, commonly known as Geneva’s small Italy for its beautiful French-Italian architecture. The charming Mediterranean style hamlet is also great for dining, socialising and shopping. It will be like you’re not in Geneva anymore.
Today I got to press the button to turn it on! – @kevinandamanda
- For the ultimate experience, our guests visited the Jet d’Eau where they were able to turn on the magnificent water fountain. Head to the control room where you can find the two pumps named after mountains that surround Lake Geneva: Salève and Jura.
If you are ever anywhere near Switzerland you HAVE to pur paragliding at the Matterhorn on your bucket list. – @kevinandamanda
- As a treat, our guests went to Mont-Salève, which is just a 20-minute drive from Le Richemond for paragliding and breathtaking views of Lake Geneva.
- Make the most of the weather by going paddle boating on Lake Geneva. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit!
A full day of exploring Geneva (shopping, historic spots and even a watch making class) – @michelletakeaim
- Step into a watchmaker’s shoes – It’s impossible to visit Geneva without discovering the secrets of one of the city’s symbols: watches! During the three-hour tour, you’ll get a chance to assemble and dismantle a watch mechanism.
- Step into Victorinox swiss knife factory! Assemble your own swiss knife and even engrave it with your name. Obtain your certificate at the end of the session and bring your very own swiss knife home!
Bike rides along the countryside of Geneva… maybe one of the dreamiest travel experience of my life and definitely the highlight of my time here in Switzerland. – @carriebradshawlied
- Borrow an electric bike and discover the countryside and its beautiful vineyards. Take the opportunity to make a few stops at different local producers to sample delicious cheeses and dried meats with a glass of local wine.
A simply divine dining experience @le_richemond this evening. – @aarongproblems
After a fun-filled day, our guests enjoyed a delicious dinner on Le Jardin’s terrace with two our local suppliers who supply local and seasonal produce so our chefs can create modern, delicious cuisine.
Local beekeeper Stéphanie Vuadens and truffle hunter Clément Jacquemier alongside his dog Pistache were on hand to teach our guests about local produce, their work and share tales about their experiences.
Browse by City
A global centre for diplomacy, business and Swiss watchmaking, Geneva is one of the world’s most cosmopolitan and breathtakingly scenic cities. Set on the shores of Lake Geneva with its landmark fountain – the Jet d’Eau, the world’s most compact metropolis is one of culture, style and five-star luxury – all just a short distance from Europe’s highest mountain, Mont Blanc.