To have this delicious dessert cooked for you, come and dine with us at CUT at 45 Park Lane where you can also try some of Niamh Larkins’ other tempting dishes.
45’s Signature Chocolate Soufflé Recipe
December 16, 2021
Our signature chocolate soufflé is so popular that we’ve made it a permanent fixture on the menu. It’s a recipe I’m often asked to share, so here it is for you to enjoy whenever you fancy a reliably impressive dessert to delight your guests.
170g dark chocolate 66%
62g egg yolks
200g egg whites
75g castor sugar
Pinch of cream of tartar
Spoonful of crème fraiche
Scoop of vanilla ice cream
1. Gently melt the chocolate and butter then set to one side.
2. In another bowl, whip your eggs until they form a foam then add cream of tartar and 1tbsp sugar and whip for a further minute.
3. Continue whipping while slowly adding the remaining sugar until you achieve a consistency of soft peaks.
4. Add the egg yolks to the chocolate and butter mixture and whisk.
5. Gradually fold in the whipped egg white to form a light mousse texture.
6. Fill your dishes with the soufflé mixture and level with a spatula.
75g cocoa powder 100%
225g dark chocolate 54%
25g double cream
75g caster sugar
150g crème fraiche
40g Tia Maria
1. Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie.
2. Gently melt the butter in a separate pan and pour on top of the chocolate.
3. Heat the cream, sugar and water to boiling point and stir into the chocolate mixture.
4. Add the crème fraiche and blend thoroughly until smooth.
5. When your soufflés are ready, cut a hole in the top and pour in some of the warm sauce.
6. Serve with a scoop of ice cream and a spoonful of crème fraiche.
45 Park Lane
45 Park Lane is a vibrant beacon of contemporary culture in a luxury hotel. An invigorating blend of art and landmark architecture in the middle of classical London.
View the latest issue of Collect, our bi-annual magazine featuring a curated mix of culture, art and lifestyle, together with the latest news from Dorchester Collection hotels.