If you would prefer us to cook for you, we’d love to welcome you to CUT at 45 Park Lane where you can discover more of Elliot Grover’s delectable dishes.
Elliott Grover’s tiger prawn pasta
September 21, 2022
I’m delighted to share my Mediterranean-style pasta dish as it’s an easy one to replicate at home. This dish is also an ideal option when entertaining friends and all the ingredients are can be found in most supermarkets. Trust me, if you have a passion for prawns and love pasta this will become a real family favourite.
For the sauce
- King prawn shells (from the peeled prawns below)
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- Half a fish stock cube
- 200ml water
- 50ml white wine
- 50ml olive oil
For the pasta
- 320g fresh spaghetti
- 16 large sustainable shell-on king prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 60g butter
- 40ml olive oil
- 1 chilli (chopped)
- 1 garlic (chopped)
- Pinch tarragon (chopped)
- Pinch of parsley (chopped)
- Salt for seasoning
- Fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large bottom pan on a moderate heat.
- Once the onions and garlic have softened, add the prawn shells and cook until they turn pink.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for another five minutes.
- Next, add the water and crumble the half cube of fish stock into the pan.
- Leave the mixture to cook over a moderate heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and use a hand blender to blitz the mixture, including the prawn shells.
- Pass it through a fine mesh sieve to get a smooth sauce.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil ready for the pasta.
- Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan on a moderate heat. When it’s hot, add chilli and garlic and cook until tender.
- Then add the prawns and cook until pink.
- Add the spaghetti into the pot of boiling water and cook for three to four minutes until tender.
- Put the tomatoes and 200ml of your prawn sauce into the frying pan, and turn the heat down to simmer.
- Add butter and stir to give it a silky finish.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce.
- Finish with chopped herbs and serve.
45 Park Lane
45 Park Lane is a vibrant beacon of contemporary culture in a luxury hotel. An invigorating blend of art and landmark architecture in the middle of classical London.
- Food and drink Find the best ingredients in Paris
- Food and drink Chef Jonathan Fisher’s cinco leches cake
- Food and drink Finding the freshest ingredients for 45 Park Lane
- Food and drink Adam Smith’s favourite local producers
- Food and drink Cocktails and mocktails at Bar Nineteen12
- Food and drink Aperitivo time in Milan
View the latest issue of Collect, our bi-annual magazine featuring a curated mix of culture, art and lifestyle, together with the latest news from Dorchester Collection hotels.