Have fun whipping up your own Basque lemon cheesecake at home, or let Niamh share one of her delectable creations with you next time you’re at CUT at 45 Park Lane.
Niamh Larkin’s Basque lemon cheesecake
September 20, 2022
A crowd pleaser
This rustic looking cheesecake is easy to make and a real crowd pleaser. The recipe is believed to have been created originally by chef Santiago Rivera, in Spain’s Basque Country. Serve it in summer with fresh English strawberries and a strawberry coulis, or enjoy at any time of the year with your own choice of seasonal fruits. Niamh’s top tip is to allow it to cool overnight to ensure the perfect set.
- 1,100g cream cheese
- ½ zest of one lemon
- 3g vanilla extract
- 330g caster sugar
- 3g fine sea salt
- 380g crème fraîche
- 220g eggs
- Handful of fresh strawberries
- Strawberry coulis to share
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas mark 8.
- Line a 9-inch cake tin with double greaseproof paper, ensuring it firmly covers the sides and tie it tightly around the outside edge.
- Put the cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract and salt and blend thoroughly.
- Add the crème fraîche and blend for a further few minutes.
- Next, add the eggs and blend for the final time.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 205°C/gas mark 6 and let it cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Take care when removing the cheesecake from the oven as it will be very soft.
- Leave to cool at room temperature then store in the fridge overnight.
- Serve the next day with fresh strawberries and strawberry coulis.
45 Park Lane
45 Park Lane is a vibrant beacon of contemporary culture in a luxury hotel. An invigorating blend of art and landmark architecture in the middle of classical London.
- Food and drink Finding the freshest ingredients for 45 Park Lane
- Food and drink Adam Smith’s favourite local producers
- Food and drink Cocktails and mocktails at Bar Nineteen12
- Food and drink Aperitivo time in Milan
- Food and drink The best cheesemongers in Paris
- Food and drink Our famous McCarthy salad recipe
View the latest issue of Collect, our bi-annual magazine featuring a curated mix of culture, art and lifestyle, together with the latest news from Dorchester Collection hotels.