Wellness in ten steps at The Dorchester
By Simon Inman, Personal Trainer at The Dorchester
Starting a new year feeling fresh and motivated is all about being goal orientated, having a clear vision of what you want to accomplish in the next year and beyond. Before beginning a new routine, take time to write down your goals and think of ways to keep yourself motivated.
To get you started, here are ten easy steps to kick-start your wellness journey by spending 24 hours at The Dorchester:
1. Wake up with short black coffee at Parcafé at The Dorchester, half an hour before your run, and pick up some protein balls for a post-exercise snack.
2. Use the foam roller in The Dorchester Fitness Studio to ease your muscles, paying particular attention to your lower back and legs.
3. Run through Hyde Park using intervals (sprint for 30 seconds, followed by a minute of recovery), to improve your fitness and boost your metabolism. After running, return to The Dorchester Fitness Studio and stretch all muscle groups, holding each stretch for 30 second
4. Workout done, it’s time to refuel at the Wellness Corner at The Grill at The Dorchester by opting for a balanced breakfast of porridge, nuts and berries.
5. Book into The Dorchester Spa for deep tissue massage, to ease aching muscles and speed up recovery.
6. For lunch, enjoy a bento box by our nutritionist Leah Hardy at The Spatisserie, for a good balance of antioxidants and vitamins.
7. Head over to 45 Park Lane for some functional training with the TechnoGym Kinesis machine, which will help improve your core strength and posture.
8. After a day of living out your best intentions, meet up with the spa director Sally Pedder and chat about spa and gym membership options.
9. For dinner, visit The Promenade for a high protein option with low GI (glycaemic index), balanced with a selection of vegetables and accompanied by a freshly-pressed juice from our Wellness Menu.
10. To give your body chance to recuperate after your busy day, make sure you get eight hours sleep. Our comfortable Vispring mattresses will help you drift off, ensuring you’re ready to start again the next day!
We look forward to seeing you at The Dorchester in 2017!
Simon Inman, Personal Trainer at The Dorchester
The Dorchester Spa
Reservations: +44 (0)207 317 6583