Discover career opportunities at LE MEURICE in Paris.
The doyen of Parisian palace hotels, fully restored in 2000, Le Meurice has lost none of its original magic while adding just the right touch of modernity. Inimitably French and firmly anchored in the twenty-first century, Le Meurice is the epitome of discreet luxury.
Le Meurice’s 400 staff are united in their commitment to quality and to ensuring guests’ comfort. Naturally, our hotel’s prestigious clientele has the highest expectations and we each have a duty to strive to perpetuate the prestige and magic that are part of the Le Meurice legend. Through our dedication, enthusiasm and warmth, we help ensure the loyalty and satisfaction of our customers.
Le Meurice is renowned for its pleasant and professional service. We have inherited this reputation and are proud to uphold it through our diligence and courtesy. Staff at Le Meurice must perform their duties with efficiency, good humour and discretion. We require staff in every role to have previous experience in a world-class establishment, a highly developed sense of service and customer relations, and a good command of English.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to join our teams and share this unique experience, you should first consult our employment opportunities, where you will find a description of the department and current vacancies. You can then apply by sending us your CV and cover letter. BENEFITS Le Meurice is committed to providing excellent working conditions and, as part of this, offers its staff numerous benefits. By joining the team at Le Meurice, you will benefit from:
- a 35-hour working week
- a bonus equivalent to one month’s salary (paid in two halves in June and November)
- complementary health insurance for the employee and where applicable their family
- a welfare scheme
- a profit-sharing scheme
- extensive training (luxury attitude, languages, management, security, stress management, stopping smoking, make-up, etc.)
- a counsellor (counselling, help with welfare formalities)
- preferential tariffs on certain items sold by the hotel (SPA beauty products, spirits, Le Meurice products such as our soft toy mascot and bathrobes)
- activities organised by the staff association (cinema tickets, excursions, etc.)
- Consultation is carried out at every level. Staff are asked to express their wishes. Heads of department and department managers make their recommendations and observations. Senior management also sets out its guidelines.
- Training is seen as a means to excellence.
- Budget of €212,000 (1,530 hours/1,200 people)
- Offer training to every member of staff.
- Make training available in every department.
- Use alternative and innovative methods.
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing within the hotel.
Consolidate collective performance by drawing up training programmes, in consultation with heads of department, that correspond to each department’s objectives and/or provide solutions to the problems they face. Emphasise training in every department and develop an inclusive strategy for all staff based on six priorities:
- Strengthen middle management
- Promote service and quality worthy of a palace hotel
- Facilitate modern-language learning
- Organise food safety based on HACCP
- Understand the unique qualities of luxury
- Work together to prevent professional risks
Propose training in multiple fields that will give staff a choice of personalised individual training, in particular by including individual training entitlements in staff appraisals.
Summary of the training plan Themed; Service; Management; Aesthetics; Prevention; Languages; Communication; IT; Security; Quality; Cakes and Pastries; Culture.
Your first experiences
Your development starts as soon as you join us at ENGAGE, our five- day induction programme. This includes three days learning about every aspect of our hotels, followed by two days of cross exposure in a relevant department – you might find yourself with the florists, at the spa or become a butler! You’ll spend time in London and Berkshire, soaking up experiences from our UK hotels. From then on, with our values underpinning all that we do, we provide excellent and regular in-house learning and development opportunities, such as brand development, discovering London and cultural awareness.
For our supervisors and team leaders we offer LEAD, our ten-module leadership development programme based on our core leadership competencies. Following on from this, we offer managers our EXPAND programme, delving into the habits and practices of highly-effective leaders. Finally, for our leadership and executive team we offer INSPIRE, a residential full 360-critique and analysis of you as a leader.
Training standards are, as you would expect, extremely high. We devote considerable time and effort to giving all of our people all the skills needed to exceed guest expectations and to be confident. We are committed to provide you with the learning and development tools you require to create a magical experience for our guests.
Wherever you see your future taking you, The Dorchester can offer you exceptional training and development.
Many of our people are sponsored to attend courses at colleges and given study time to advance their careers. Colleagues have the opportunity to work on their English at any level – from basic language classes to professional business writing skills. Additionally, we work with external providers to offer world-class training courses. You may wish to train to become a departmental trainer, attend innovation workshops to boost your creativity or attend one of our tempting and informative masterclasses such as revenue management, chocolate making, or even whisky appreciation – typically held on a Friday afternoon!
Learn a new trade
Are you a front desk agent who longs to discover how to tie a handheld bouquet? The Dorchester is for you! We can offer you exposure to another skill, department or even another Dorchester Collection hotel around the world. Previously we’ve swapped bartenders with Hotel Eden in Rome, housekeepers with concierge teams at Le Richemond in Geneva, and pastry chefs with our Californian team members.