Website booking and accommodation terms
The following Booking Terms (Terms) apply to all room and suite reservations (Reservations) made via our Website (www.dorchestercollection.com). We kindly ask that you take a moment to read them carefully before making a Reservation as you will be asked to agree to them when making your Reservation. If you do not accept them, you will not be able to make a Reservation.
1. Contracting with Us
- These Terms are a legal agreement between you (you) and the Hotel. The Hotel or we or us refers to the individual hotel that you will stay at. You can find a full list of our Hotels here. If you need to get in touch about your stay with us, please contact the relevant Hotel directly. All the contact details are here. If you need to get in touch with us to give us a formal contractual notice, please refer to clause 25 below. If we need to contact you, we’ll use the email address you provide when making your Reservation.
- If you make a purchase from the Gifts and Experiences part of the Website (shop.dorchestercollection.com), then the Gifts and Experiences Terms apply, not these Terms. Separate terms also apply to restaurant bookings and reservations.
- Our Website will guide you through the steps you need to make a Reservation. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process and make any corrections.
- You will indicate the accommodation you wish to reserve and you will complete an authorisation for us to recover, through your credit or debit card, payments due to us.
- Your order shall constitute an offer to us to reserve the accommodation specified in Reservation. We may accept or decline the Reservation. Our acceptance of your Reservation will be as described in clause 7.
- If we accept the Reservation we shall notify you of our acceptance by email by sending you an Acknowledgement of your Order, and we shall confirm the price at that time. We shall at the same time notify you of the online booking reference and you will be required to quote it in any subsequent communications. Only at that point will a contract for the accommodation be formed.
- The Hotel reserves the right, in its discretion not to accept any Reservation. If we decline to accept, or cancel, a Reservation for which we have received payment, we shall refund the payment, but shall have no further or other liabilities.
- Please print these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference. We may change the Terms from time to time (and may or may not let you know that we have), so you should come back to this page regularly to check the Terms. You can see the date we last changed the Terms noted above. If you continue to make a Reservation after we’ve changed the Terms, then you agree to the new Terms.
The following defined terms apply to these Terms:
- Duty Manager: means the duty manager from time to time of the Hotel;
- Guest: means an individual who is non-resident in the Hotel attending the Hotel for the purposes of using the Hotel’s Facilities;
- Hotel’s Fire Policy: means the fire policy adopted by the Hotel displayed in Resident’s rooms and the Hotel Lobby;
- Hotel’s Facilities: means the Hotel’s restaurants, bar, banqueting rooms, club, spa and amenities;
- Identity Documents: means one of the following: valid passport; valid driving licence; valid identity card; birth certificate.
- Paying Person: means the individuals, company or association who is/are liable for payment of the Resident’s Hotel bill or Guest’s bill for the Hotel’s Facilities. The Paying Person can be the Resident/Guest;
- Registration Form: means the Hotel’s Registration Form;
- Resident: means an individual who is resident in the Hotel;
- Services: means the Services provided by the Hotel from time to time;
- Visitor: means an individual either expressly or impliedly invited by the Resident or Guest to the Hotel; and
- You: means a Guest, Resident or Visitor.
3. Check-in and check-out time
- Check-in is available from 3pm and check-out by 12 noon, with the exception of Coworth Park which is an 11am check-out.
- If you’ll be arriving early, we’re pleased to offer early check-in upon availability. However, to guarantee availability if arriving before 3pm, we recommend you book the previous night.
- If you’ll be arriving late, all rooms that have been secured by credit/debit card or prepaid at the time of booking will he held until 11.59pm on the scheduled date of arrival unless otherwise agreed directly with us. Any non-secured reservation will be held until 4.00p.m. on the day of arrival at which time we will be entitled to re-let the room, unless you have notified us of a late arrival.
- We’d love for you to prolong your stay with us. Late check-out is available for an additional charge (subject to availability). If you check-out before 3pm, the additional charge is 50% of one night’s accommodation. If you check- out after 3pm, the additional charge is equivalent to one night’s accommodation. Please enquire with the Hotel reception.
- We understand that plans change. In light of the current global Covid-19 pandemic, we have relaxed our room cancellation timeframes. Until 30 April 2021, you may cancel your room reservation at any time before 4pm on the day of arrival, except for Coworth Park which requires no less than 48 hours’ notice. From 1 May 2021, please ensure you cancel room reservations with no less than 24 hours’ notice before arrival, with the exception of Coworth Park which requires 48 hours’ notice of cancellations. If you give the Hotel less than the notice we require, we charge one night’s room rate. For long term stays, we just ask that you provide notice if you are departing the hotel before your check-out date. This is complimentary with 24 hours’ notice (or 48 in the case of Coworth Park), or otherwise charged at one night’s room rate. You can cancel your reservation by contacting the Hotel directly or via the Website. You will need your online booking reference which was sent by email at the time you booked.
- Except where we’ve agreed in advance, specific suite or room numbers are not provided to you prior to your arrival. Where you have been given a specific suite or room number, we reserve the right to change it.
- Very rarely, in situations that we can’t control, we may need to substitute your reserved accommodation with similar or comparable accommodation. If the substituted accommodation costs less than your reservation, we will gladly refund the difference. Such substitution shall be accepted by you as satisfactory performance by us of our obligation to provide the reserved accommodation.
- Rarely, errors may occur in respect of your reservation. Where we are unable to accommodate you, we do our best to secure alternative accommodation for you.
- All descriptions, illustrations and indications of the price of our accommodation provided on the Website or otherwise communicated to you are for guidance only and intended merely to present a general idea of the accommodation. Subject to this clause 4, your room or suite details and the price payable will be specified in the booking summary of your Reservation.
- The images on the Website of our Hotel and accommodation are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the rooms and suites accurately, the accommodation may vary slightly from those images.
- The prices stated are inclusive of sales taxes at the applicable rate. You will also be required to pay a city tax in Paris, Rome and Milan and an occupancy surcharge in California. All taxes are inclusive in the total price and are itemised separately in the “Price breakdown” quoted. You may change the currency from the drop down menu in the Reservations screen.
5. Registration Requirements
- When you arrive and register with us, we ask you to complete a Registration Form for all the Residents in your group over the age of 16 with full name(s), home address(es) and nationality together with full particulars of your next destination, including the full address if known. This is required by law. You will also be asked for your online booking reference and Identity Document(s).
- These records will be kept for at least 12 months and may be disclosed or made available for inspection by any police officer. We reserve the right to refuse entry to persons who cannot provide the information set out in 5.1 above.
- All same day booking Residents and Guests may also be required to confirm their identity by providing their Identity Document(s).
- All Visitors to the Hotel after 10.00pm will be required to complete a temporary Registration Form and provide their Identity Document.
- Guests under the age of 18 may only be registered and checked in to the Hotel if accompanied by an adult.
6. Room moves
Very occasionally, we may need to move you from one room to another. If it is not possible to move you to a different room whilst you are present, we are authorised to remove your belongings from your existing room and place them in a new room. You are responsible for the removal of all valuables from your existing room and valuables placed in the room safe and you are advised to place them in the secure deposit facilities available from the Hotel’s cashier.
7. Admission to the hotel
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance to the Hotel’s rooms or give access to other areas of the Hotel at all times. The protection of You, Your property, the Hotel, the Hotel’s property and the reputation of the Hotel are of paramount importance. Where, in our reasonable opinion, there is doubt regarding a prospective Resident, Guest or Visitor, access to the Hotel may be declined.
- We do not tolerate discrimination whether on grounds of sex, age, gender identification, colour, race, nationality, disability, marital status, maternity or pregnancy, religion or belief, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin and such factors are never taken into account by us in declining admission, or for any other reason.
- We operate a complaints procedure and Residents, Guests or Visitors who are refused admission are entitled to lodge a complaint in accordance with clause 15.
- We must comply with certain licensing and statutory regulations and reserve the right to restrict access to the Hotel’s Facilities in accordance with the Hotel’s alcohol license.
8. Guests and Visitors
- Visitors may only stay overnight in a Resident’s room or suite if the number of sleepers corresponds with the number of beds so we do not breach the accommodation maximum specified in the Hotel’s Fire Policy. If you’d like an extra bed in your room or suite, we’ll be happy to arrange this for you for an additional cost. Please speak to the Hotel’s reception or call us when making your online booking. Additional cots are complimentary.
- Please note that you are responsible for the conduct of your Guests and Visitors whilst they are at the Hotel. Please be considerate of our other guests and do not be noisy or cause a nuisance. Please cooperate and comply with any reasonable requirements of, and with any policies of the Hotel and the Hotel Facilities as may apply from time to time.
- Please note that Individuals suspected of soliciting or importuning irrespective of whether they are a Guest, Resident or Visitor will be denied access to the Hotel.
9. Resident/Guest/Visitor Obligations
- Your behaviour, appearance and sobriety must be of a standard appropriate to hotels of the Hotel’s standing. Our Hotels have a “smart casual” dress code in our bars and restaurants, so we kindly ask that you refrain from wearing caps, ripped jeans, sportswear, trainers or shorts.
- You agree, for yourselves and your Guests or Visitors, not to use the Hotel or its Services for any unlawful purpose or in breach of applicable law. Examples of prohibited uses include but are not limited to:
- commission of any criminal offence including the possession and use of controlled drugs and possession and storage of firearms and shotguns;
- use of the Hotel’s Services in any manner which is an infringement of the rights of any individual, firm, organisation or company according to applicable law;
- discriminatory behaviour or other behaviour which affects the dignity of an individual directed by you or your Guests/Visitors to another individual or individuals within the Hotel, including other Residents/Guests/Visitors or staff of the Hotel, whether verbal or not, which is of a sexual or racial nature or is based upon disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, nationality, marital status, maternity or pregnancy; or religion or belief;
- any form of verbal or non-verbal conduct which could be regarded as violent, bullying or intimidatory behaviour such as unsolicited touching of Residents/Guests/Visitors or staff of the Hotel;
- conduct exhibited by Residents/Guests/Visitors which invades the privacy of another individual or individuals including other Residents/Guests/Visitors and staff of the Hotel;
- entertaining of courtesans or those employed for sexual gratification at the Hotel;
- holding oneself out as an employee, agent or other representative of the Hotel;
- taking any step or committing any action which may damage the moral standing or reputation of the Hotel and/or bring its name into disrepute;
- holding oneself out to be operating a business from the Hotel’s premises without written authorisation from the Hotel;
- soliciting goods and services from Residents, Guests or Visitors and staff of the Hotel without their express consent;
- installation of recording and surveillance equipment anywhere within the Hotel’s premises;
- (for the protection of the privacy of all our Guests, Residents and/or Visitors) filming and/or photographing for the purpose of public use in any areas of the Hotel without our prior written approval;
- commercial photography or filming without our prior written consent; and
- the use of our Intellectual Property including trademarks or trade names without our prior written approval.
- Whilst some limited parking space may be available at the Hotel, we are under no obligation to provide you with parking you and/or chauffeur driven vehicles. If you need valet parking, please enquire with the Hotel before you make your Reservation.
- Specific arrangements apply to chauffeur driven vehicles, details of which are available from the Hotel’s doormen/hall porters.
- You will comply with any directions from us with respect to the parking, unloading and delivery of all supplies and confirm that we shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to your, your Guest’s or Visitor’s vehicles (or to any deliveries or supplies) howsoever occasioned unless such loss or damage is proved to have been caused by our negligence.
- Animals are not generally accommodated at every Hotel unless you need special assistance. Please enquire at the Hotel before making your reservation.
- No alcohol or food may be brought into the Hotel for consumption within the Hotel save in accordance with terms agreed between you and the Hotel which will include the application of corkage and cover charge.
- Firearms, shotguns or any other weapons may not be brought into any Hotel.
10. Dealing with complaints regarding Resident/Guest/Visitor conduct
- We will deal with any complaints made about your invasive, violent, bullying or intimidatory conduct or discriminatory behaviour as discreetly and as confidentially as possible subject to the Hotel’s obligations under applicable law.
- We will explain the particulars of any formal complaint being made against you and provide you with an opportunity to make representations concerning any such allegations.
- Given the potential sensitivity of a complaint to the individual involved, you and the Hotel agree to take all reasonable steps to keep matters confidential.
11. Sanctions Caution
- Where You are engaged in conduct which in the Hotel’s view is unacceptable, the Hotel’s management, at their discretion, may as an alternative to asking You to leave the Hotel, issue you with a verbal caution requiring you to refrain from and to provide assurances not to engage in such unacceptable conduct on the Hotel’s premises. Failure to comply with such requests will result in you being asked to leave. We reserve the right to contact the police should, in the Hotel’s opinion, your conduct warrant this action.
- If your unacceptable conduct is deemed by us to be sufficiently serious or we reasonably believe that you are unable or have no intention to pay for the Hotel’s Services we may ask You to leave the Hotel with immediate effect. In such circumstances, You will be responsible for the payment of all charges incurred up to the time of departure at the time of departure.
- You agree for yourself and/or your Guest(s) and/or your Visitor(s) to reimburse the Hotel for all damages (including damage to property, losses, liabilities, including any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory or trading authority), expenses, costs or other liabilities of any nature suffered or incurred by the Hotel or any of its employees, agents or sub-contractors including any damages or other sums awarded against us under any judgment by any court of competent jurisdiction, and all settlement sums paid by us as a result of any settlement agreed, arising out or in connection with any breach by You, Your Guests and Visitors of any of these Terms.
- We reserve the right to seek damages in respect of damage caused to the Hotel’s reputation caused by a breach of these Terms.
12. Accounts Authority
- You warrant that you are over 18 years of age and are authorised by or on behalf of the Paying Person to agree to these Terms and to incur the charges for use of the Services provided by us.
- If you are a business customer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you are making Reservations.
- During the online reservation process, guests will be required to confirm a valid method of payment and you hereby authorise the settling of all outstanding charges by the Hotel by the use of the provided payment method and/or using any of your credit or debit card details held on file authorised for such use. All Hotels accept cash in the local currency, American Express, MasterCard and VISA. Coworth Park and The Dorchester do not accept Diners Club. Gift cards may not be used to purchase accommodation online, but may be used to pay when you check out. Please note that we cannot accept payments by cheque. Charges for usage of any or all of the Services provided by the Hotel will be added to your room account with us and will be due for payment in accordance with the payment terms agreed between the Paying Person and the Hotel.
- Long stays of seven days or more are required to be settled weekly at the Hotel reception within 24 hours of the date of the Hotel’s invoice.
- Charges for usage of any or all of the Services provided by the Hotel are to be settled prior to leaving the Hotel or in accordance with payment terms agreed in writing between the Paying Person and the Hotel. You are deemed to have authorised the settling of all outstanding charges which can be processed by the Hotel using any credit or debit card details held on file.
- Payments for the Hotel’s Services may at our discretion be made by a third party such as a company, association or individual. We are entitled to decline payment by any such third parties. You remain personally liable for all charges for the Hotel’s Services until receipt of cleared funds from such third party.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on late payments. In the United Kingdom, this is charged at 4% above Royal Bank of Scotland’s base rate on overdue balances. We are entitled to secure your property and to hold the same until such time as we are in receipt of cleared funds in respect of all sums due from the Paying Person to the Hotel (the Sums Due). Should we not receive the Sums Due within 3 months of the Hotel’s invoice then we will be entitled to sell or otherwise dispose of your property. The net proceeds of any such disposal will be credited to the outstanding balance due to us.
13. Third party services
- Where we procure services for You through a third party (such as restaurant bookings), all contractual arrangements relating to such services are between You and the third party.
- We do not give any warranty, guarantee or other term as to the quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of services supplied by third parties.
14. How We Use Your Personal Information
15. Complaints and claims
- Any complaints and/or claims will be treated with the utmost seriousness. Please report any claims for loss of or damage to property or personal injury to us as soon as reasonably practical after becoming aware of the claim and if this is after you have left the Hotel, no later than 3 working days after leaving.
- You are requested to make any complaints concerning the level of service or the conduct of our staff or other Residents, Guests or Visitors to the Duty Manager prior to your departure from the Hotel. A senior manager of the Hotel will aim to contact you within 48 hours of any such complaint.
- In the event of a claim alleging theft or the misappropriation of property, or violence or intimidatory conduct perpetrated against any Resident, Guest, Visitor or individual in the Hotel, immediate notice of any such claim must be provided to the Duty Manager. We will conduct our own investigation and will involve the police either at the request of a victim to any such claim or where there is a reasonable belief that a criminal offence has been committed.
16. Limits on the Hotel’s liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude liability for personal injury or death caused by the Hotel’s negligence.
- The Hotel’s liability is limited as follows:
- We will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any property left in the Hotel, save for the Hotel’s default, neglect or willful act, other than as required under any applicable law.
- Any liability extends only to Residents with sleeping accommodation at the Hotel and is limited to £750 for any one article and a total of £1500 in the case of any one Guest. We extend the Hotel’s maximum liability to £50,000 in respect of property deposited in the secure safe deposit facilities available at reception or £2,500 for property stored in bedroom safes.
- The Hotel does not accept liability for claims if you fail: (a) to bring such incidents to the attention of the Hotel within the time periods set out in clause 15 of these Terms; and/or (b) to co-operate with the police if involved.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Hotel’s negligence, or as expressly provided in these Terms, we shall not be liable to you:
- by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent);
- under any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law;
- for any financial loss or any liability You may have to a third party;
- for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues, anticipated savings, reputation, goodwill or opportunity; or
- for any indirect, special or consequential or pure economic loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of the Hotel, its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Services (including any delay in providing or failure to provide the Services) or their use by You, and the entire liability of the Hotel under on in connection with the Contract shall not exceed the amount of the Hotel’s charges for the provision of the Services, except as expressly provided in these Terms.
- We shall have no liability to you for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any instructions supplied by you which are incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate, illegible, out of sequence or in the wrong form, or arising from your late arrival or non-arrival or any other fault of yours.
- You acknowledge that in entering into the Reservation, you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in these Terms or on the Website.
17. Force Majeure
Where the Hotel’s performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including floods, earthquakes, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles, collapsing of building structures, government or public authority interventions, pandemics, strikes, labour disputes, accidents and emergency repair works, then the Hotel’s liability to you shall be limited to refunding to you any sum that it has already paid to us in respect of those obligations that we are unable to fulfil.
18. Non-transferable rights
Unless we otherwise agree, your rights to access and use of the Hotel’s services and any other rights under these Terms are personal to you and may not be transferred.
19. Third party rights
Nothing in these Terms or this Contract is intended to or will create any benefit for or right to enforce any of these Terms to anyone other than you and the Hotel and the operator of the Website, namely The Dorchester Services Limited.
20. Validity of clauses
If any clause in these Terms is found by any court to be invalid or unenforceable this will not affect the other clauses in these Terms which shall remain in full force and effect.
The failure to exercise or delay in exercising any right provided by these Terms will not prevent us from exercising such rights on a later occasion.
The parties will attempt to settle the dispute by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution CCEDR) model mediation procedure.
The jurisdiction of any disputes and the governing law shall be the law of the country or state in which the Hotel’s owner is situated.
24. Residents Liability for actions of Guests and Visitors
You shall be responsible for the conduct of your Guests and Visitors whilst they are at the Hotel and you shall indemnify the Hotel for any breaches of these Terms committed by not only yourself but also your Guests and Visitors.
- If you would like to contact us about your stay at the Hotel, please contact the Hotel directly using the contact details in clause 2. If you need to contact us to serve a formal legal notice under these Terms, please write to The General Counsel, Dorchester Services Limited at Sixth Floor East, Lansdowne House, Berkeley Square, London W1J 6ER.A notice shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at our registered office; if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the fifth day after posting.
Last amended: August 2020.