Looking after your safety
Here are just ten of the many ways we’re bringing in new procedures to protect you during the current COVID-19 crisis.
1. Employees are receiving regular training on our new standards regarding COVID-19 health & safety protocols. Every member of staff must strictly comply with these protective measures recommended by global governing agencies. The measures include hand hygiene, wearing masks if mandated and social distancing. Employees will also be asked to stay home and seek medical attention if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms.
2. When you arrive at one of our hotels our employees will act as your guide, sensitively communicating all the new hygiene, health and safety measures so you can move seamlessly around our hotels, knowing that you’re being looked after with the greatest care.
3. Hand sanitiser, in touchless dispensers whenever possible, will be available in key places including: receptions, lobbies, guest rooms, restaurant entrances, meeting and event spaces, lift landings, spas, pools and fitness areas.
4. Any medical support required will be provided in line with government regulations. All our hotels have a designated medical partner, such as a nurse or doctor, to provide assistance including testing and health check services. Our employees have clear instructions on reporting any possible cases of COVID-19 to senior managers and external authorities as required.
5. Each guest will receive an amenity kit located in their room or suite containing masks, hand sanitiser and a COVID-19 awareness card. Additional kits will be available at front desk if requested (subject to availability).
6. The frequency of cleaning and sanitising at the hotels has been increased to once per hour. This applies to all public spaces with an emphasis on deep cleaning frequent contact surfaces. These areas include, but are not limited to: front desk check-in counters, bell desks, lifts and lift buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, stair handrails, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas. This hourly cleaning regime will also apply to back of house frequent contact surfaces. All other areas will be cleaned every two hours.
7. Our cleaning products and protocols meet country specific guidelines for approved effective use against viruses and bacteria. When cleaning guest rooms, we pay particular attention to high-touch items. All bed linen and laundry are changed daily and washed at a high temperature. We’ve also increased the frequency of air filter replacement and fresh air exchange will be maximised.
8. Throughout all the hotels, we’ll meet required guidelines for proper social distancing. Where legally mandated, guests and employees must practice social distancing whenever possible, by standing at least 2m/6ft away from people they are not travelling with.
9. Restaurants, bars, spas, pool areas, fitness studios and all other outlets will also observe social distancing and comply with local or country mandated occupancy limits. These areas will be deep cleaned and sanitised once per hour and after each use, including tables, seating, menus and payment machines. In-room dining will also continue to operate under new strict measures to ensure your safety.
10. Hotel entrances are monitored at all times and any guests requiring medical assistance will be immediately assisted. Only where legally required will we allow our security teams to conduct non-invasive temperature checks utilising a thermal camera. Anyone displaying a temperature over 38°C/100°F would then be taken to a private area for a secondary temporal temperature screening by an in-house medical professional.
We trust these actions will help put your mind at ease and we promise to keep you updated as the situation evolves.
Chief Executive Officer