Terms of website use
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Information about us
www.dorchestercollection.com is a site operated by Dorchester Services Limited, for itself and on behalf of its group of companies and/or affiliates (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03121664 and have our registered office at 3 Tilney Street, London W1K 1BJ. We are a limited company.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy www.dorchestercollection.com/au. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. Our liability
THE MATERIAL DISPLAYED ON OUR SITE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO ITS ACCURACY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE, OTHER MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP OF COMPANIES AND THIRD PARTIES CONNECTED TO US HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE:
- ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR THE LAW OF EQUITY.
- ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED BY ANY USER IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR RESULTS OF THE USE OF OUR SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT AND ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON IT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR:
- LOSS OF INCOME OR REVENUE;
- LOSS OF BUSINESS;
- LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONTRACTS;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- LOSS OF DATA;
- LOSS OF GOODWILL;
- WASTED MANAGEMENT OR OFFICE TIME
FOR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER ARISING AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, PROVIDED THAT THIS CONDITION SHALL NOT PREVENT CLAIMS FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO YOUR TANGIBLE PROPERTY OR ANY OTHER CLAIMS FOR DIRECT FINANCIAL LOSS THAT ARE NOT EXCLUDED BY ANY OF THE CATEGORIES SET OUT ABOVE.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
We will contact you by email in order to provide you with marketing information about our offers and promotions which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant. At the bottom of any marketing emails you will have a clearly marked unsubscribe option from future mailings.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site. If you wish to make any use of material on our site,please address your request to Dorchester Collection, Sixth Floor East,Lansdowne House, Berkeley Square, London W1J 6ER.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
[“The Dorchester”] and [“Dorchester Collection”] are [UK registered] trade marks of Dorchester Services Limited or members of our group of companies and/or affiliates.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact Dorchester Collection, Sixth Floor East, Lansdowne House, Berkeley Square, London W1J 6ER. Thank you for visiting our site.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between youand us under which you may access our websitewww.dorchestercollection.com (our site). Thisacceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree toabide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement ourterms of website use www.dorchestercollection/terms
www.dorchestercollection.comis a site operated by DorchesterServices Limited, for itself and on behalf of its group of companiesand/or affiliates (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales undercompany number 03121664 and have ourregistered office at 3 Tilney Street, London W1K 1BJ. Weare a limited company.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local,national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download,use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use www.dorchestercollection/terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with,damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site;or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services onour site.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we willprovide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it ismoderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human ortechnical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks forusers (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use anyinteractive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each casewhether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (includingwhat kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we areunder no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service weprovide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss ordamage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user incontravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated ornot.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor issubject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children touse an interactive service that it is important that they communicate withtheir children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive serviceshould be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concerns difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all materialwhich you contribute to our site (contributions),and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in anycountry from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of anyperson.
- Contain any material which is obscene,offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex,religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us,if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there hasbeen a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, wemay take such action as we deem appropriate.
Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal ofyour right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Dorchester Collection- Perfection Just Happens – Short Terms & Conditions – Abbreviated Rules
No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of UK, France, Italy and US excluding RI & US territories), aged 18 years or over. Full Terms and Conditions apply click here. Promotion opens [12:00pm] Greenwich Mean Time on [28 February 2018], closes 23:59:59 [28 February 2019] GMT. Enter at www.dorchestercollection.com. Entrant must complete entry form and answer question correctly to be entered into the prize draw. 6 unique winners will receive a 2 night stay for  people in a Dorchester Collection hotel of their choice, based on 9 locations (see Terms and Conditions for details), must be taken within 12 months of receipt. Promoter: Dorchester Services Limited, 3 Tilney Street, London, W1K 1BJ.
Dorchester Collection- Perfection Just Happens – Full Terms & Conditions – Official Rules
For the purpose of this promotion, “Terms and Conditions” shall mean these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1.The Promoter: This Promotion is operated by Dorchester Services Limited, 3 Tilney Street, London, W1K 1BJ.
2. Promotional Period: The Promotion begins on the 28 February 2018 at [12:00pm] Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and closes on the 28 February 2019 at 23:59pm GMT. The Promotion consists of 6 separate entry submission periods each with its own separate website URL’s for entry, the entry details for each as detailed below. The Promoter’s database clock will be the official timekeeper of this Promotion. Any entries received outside these dates and times will not be eligible.
- Promotional Period 1, Romance: To enter go to: https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/perfection-just-happens/romance/ during the period from 28 February 2018 at 00:00am GMT until 28 February 2019 at 23:59:59 GMT.
- Promotional Period 2, Occasion: To enter go to: https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/perfection-just-happens/occasion/ during the period from 13 April 2018 at 00:00am GMT until 28 February 2019 at 23:59:59 GMT.
- Promotional Period 3, Sanctuary: To enter go to: https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/perfection-just-happens/sanctuary/ during the period from 13 June 2018 at 00:00am GMT until 28 February 2019 at 23:59:59 GMT.
- Promotional Period 4, Relax: To enter go to: https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/perfection-just-happens/relax/ during the period from 13 August 2018 at 00:00am GMT until 28 February 2019 at 23:59:59 GMT.
- Promotional Period 5, Reunion: To enter go to: https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/perfection-just-happens/reunion/ during the period from 13 October 2018 at 00:00am GMT until 28 February 2019 at 23:59:59 GMT.
- Promotional Period 6, Dining: To enter go to: https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/perfection-just-happens/dining/ during the period from 13 December 2018 at 00:00am GMT until 28 February 2019 at 23:59:59 GMT.
3. Eligibility: The promotion is open only to legal residents in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Mainland France, Italy and the United States of America (excluding Rhode Island and all US territories), aged 18 or over, excluding employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents and anyone professionally connected with this promotion. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
4. Entry Instructions: To participate, entrants must visit the Dorchester Collection website assigned to each Promotional Period as noted in clause 2 above, and follow the instructions to enter the promotion(s). Entrants must answer the simple question correctly, and fill in their personal details (full name, email address, which you may have to prove is yours, and country of residence) in order to be eligible for the prize draw associated with the Promotion Period they are entering There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per Promotional Period.
5. Conditions of Entry: By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Terms and Conditions, including all eligibility requirements. To be valid, each Entry must contain all of the required information requested above including the correct answer to the Entry question. The Promoter shall not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, delays or inaccuracies in processing entry submissions due to computer error or malfunction, which will be disqualified. Promotor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, human, printing or other errors, technical malfunctions, or any other error or malfunction. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized email account holder from which the email was sent will be deemed to be the entrant and he/she must comply with these Terms & Conditions. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the Entry before being entitled to receive his prize. In the event that any part of this Promotion is cancelled, Promoter reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award prize(s) from among all eligible and non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
6. Winner Selection: 6 potential winners, 1 from each Promotional Period, will be selected at random from all valid entries received, within 3 working days of the prize draw closing date, by a randomly verified electronic automated process. Any other entries submitted in any other Promotional Period by a potential winner of a Promotional Period shall be excluded from the entry pools of the relevant Promotional Period. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received per Promotional Period. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the selection of winners. Maximum 1 prize per person across the whole of the Promotion.
7. Winner Notification: The potential winner of each of the Promotional Periods will be notified via email within [three] working days after the end of the relevant Promotional Period. A potential winner has  days to respond to the initial email contact advising of his potential win, and to confirm all entry requirements. Potential winners (excluding those resident in the UK, Italy & mainland France), may be required to complete and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release within  days of date of initial notification. When a potential winner has complied with these requirements, he is deemed a winner. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disqualification of that potential winner and the contacting of a new potential winner from remaining eligible entries for that Promotional Period. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate provisional winner solely at Promoter’s discretion. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within specified time frame, is found to be ineligible, or declines to accept the prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Promoter’s sole discretion, and in such case Promotor may select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries. The Promoter is only required to contact two potential winners per Promotional Period and if after that no winner has replied, the Promoter is entitled to retain the relevant prize. It is the responsibility of the participant to check junk / spam email inbox to ensure they are in receipt of their winner notification. The Promoter is not responsible for an entrant making a late claim on their win if their email notification is missed or not read/or responded to for any reason.
8. Prizes: There are 6 prizes in total (1 per Promotional Period). The winners will each receive a 2 night stay for  people, including breakfast on both mornings, at any hotel of their choice from the 9 hotels in the Dorchester Collection (membership of which is at the sole discretion of the Promoter at time of award). Approximate Value of each prize is 1300.00 GBP; 1,454.00 EUR; $1,781.00 USD; which is subject to change due to hotel and dates selected at time of award. The prize must be taken within one year of the date of confirmation of each prize winner. The 9 hotels which are currently members of the Dorchester Collection are as follows:
- The Dorchester, London
- 45 Park Lane, London
- Coworth Park, Ascot
- Le Meurice, Paris
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris
- Hotel Eden, Rome
- Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milan
- The Beverly Hills Hotel, Los Angeles
- Hotel Bel Air, Los Angeles
9. Prize Restrictions: All prizes will be awarded provided that a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received to conduct each of the winner selections for the relevant Promotional Period, not to exceed six (6). Prizes are non-transferable and may not be sold or advertised for sale. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. If a prize is won by a minor in the United States (in their State/Country of residence), it will be awarded in the name of their parent or legal guardian. All taxes (if applicable) on a prize won and other expenses related to accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence. Only one prize per person. All conversion rates are based on rates available on the date these rules were written and are subject to change. Prize does not include any transportation to/from winner’s residence and selected Dorchester Collection selection; or ground transportation during the hotel stay. Winner must book and fulfil their prize within 12 months from winner clearance and prize acceptance date. The booking dates selected by the winner may be subjected to availability. Blackout dates and additional restrictions may apply. All applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize and all ground transportation, meals, gratuities, spending money, telephone charges, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, room service and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All images are for illustrative purposes only. Those who try and circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
10. General Rules: By entering this Promotion, entrants (except where prohibited by law) consent to release and hold harmless the Promoter, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, agencies and their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, damages, injuries, losses and costs, expenses and damages of any kind including without limitation punitive, incidental, consequential damages, that may result from participation in the Promotion or acceptance of a prize. By entering, entrants (and their parents/legal guardians if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agree that they will have no rights to bring (and covenant not to bring) any claim, action or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against Promoter, except where the Promoter is liable for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or generally for intent as well as for gross negligence.
Upon the award of a prize by the Promotor and acceptance of that prize by an entrant, the winning entrant’s permission shall be sought from the entrant for permission to the use their name, address (city, state, and country), photos, descriptions of their person, likeness, statements, and biographical information without limitation, for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide in any media known to date or to be developed in the future, without further compensation or notice, except where prohibited by law. There is no obligation for the entrant to provide permission for the purposes of entering this Promotion or otherwise.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, BY ENTERING INTO THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS SPECIFICALLY CONFIRM THEIR CONSENT TO THEIR NAMES, COUNTY/STATE AND COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE BEING PUBLISHED BY THE PROMOTOR TO ENABLE IT TO MEET ITS STATUTORY AND REGULATORY OBLIGATIONS.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Promoter does not accept liability for any losses of claims whatsoever arising out of participating in the promotion or accepting the prize. This does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for lost, late, damaged, corrupted or misdirected entries or claims and the Promoter is not responsible for any late or misdirected delivery of communications (email or otherwise), except in the event of wilful intent on the part of the Promoter or its agents.
13. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prize, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Winner’s List Requests: The Promoter will send the name and country of the winner of a Promotional Period to anyone who emails a request within 3 months after the end of the Promotion requesting details of the winner to [email protected] with “Promotion Period [1/2/3/4/5/6]” in the subject line.
15. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: The Terms & Conditions for this Promotion, excluding any and all disputes, are subject to all applicable English laws & regulations. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.