Have you ever been on a horse? Would you like to try? Clip-clopping along at a gentle walking pace, this is the finest way to explore the huge estate, breathe in fresh air, relax into the moment and experience life from a new perspective. Even for the complete beginner, there’s no feeling of freedom quite like the adventure of being in the saddle.
Beautifully bred, well trained and immaculately presented horses are available for all abilities to ride across our 240 acre private estate.There is no end of opportunity to explore the beautiful Berkshire countryside from the unmistakable viewpoint of being on horseback. For those wishing to improve their riding ability further, we offer one-to-one or group lessons in basic riding, dressage and jumping on your own horses or on our selection of well trained schoolmaster horses and ponies.
Children & Ponies
As well as an exciting way to explore, horse riding also adds fun variety to your exercise routine. It’s great for balance, posture, coordination – and gives your mind a complete break from its usual thinking patterns.
Kids riding lessons and hacks
Lead rein lessons and hacks
Children’s Birthday parties
Teenagers & Adults
We’re fully kitted up to get you ready to ride. There’s nothing you need except trousers and excitement. You’re about to ride through a wildflower meadow and across green fields with amazing views of the gorgeous Mansion House. This is going to be something you’ll never forget.
Group riding lessons
Special Offer - Book 11 lessons for the price of 10
Hacks & Special occasions
For the more experienced rider we offer a range of lessons, off-road hacking and an all-weather gallop track. And for the very young – our future horse riding stars – we love inviting you in for magnificent cuddling sessions with our gentle ponies. Equestrian at Coworth Park is for everyone to enjoy and we can’t wait to introduce you to the four-legged family.
Around Coworth Park estate
Champagne celebration ride
Because your horse deserves to be utterly spoiled, bring them along for their own five-star hotel experience. On arrival your horse will have their name waiting on the stable door, as well as special arrival treats from our pastry chef and a welcome pack as a memento of their visit. Their room will be kitted out with rubber matting and wood shavings, with your choice of hay or haylage.
Throughout their stay they’ll be pampered, groomed and tacked up as required. We can also arrange escorted hacks, lessons and equine sports massages on request.
Please note, horses must be insured and vaccinated. Offer available for the duration of your stay, subject to availability.
£55 per nightCall to book
- Equestrian at Coworth Park is home to a selection of beautifully bred and well schooled horses and ponies
- Purpose built American barn stables for up to 40 horses
- Loddon boxes with rubber matting flooring and automatic drinkers
- Separate grooming bay with hot and cold water
- Access to 240 acres of beautiful grounds for hacking
- Grass arena for dressage and show jumping
- All weather oval canter track
Guards Polo Academy at Coworth Park
Coworth Park aims to introduce this increasingly accessible and popular sport to non-players through Guards Polo Academy’s private and leisure experiences, allowing polo enthusiasts of all levels to get a true taste for the game.Explore
Terms and conditions/Booking and cancellation policy
Terms & conditions
- We advise all persons participating in any equestrian activity to ensure they have personal accident insurance. Riding is a risk sport.
- No dogs allowed in the stables or riding areas. No smoking allowed in the stable areas.
- All clients are required to wear a riding hat approved to current safety standards whenever participating in riding activities or handling horses, the chin strap must always be fastened when riding.
- Suitable clothing must be worn when riding and around the horses. Legs must be and arms should be covered, suitable footwear with a small heel and not too much tread should be worn and gloves that provide some grip. Please do not wear jewellery when around the horses or anything that flaps or could get caught.
- All riders under the age of 16 and adults participating in jumping lessons must wear body protectors. All riders will be offered body protectors prior to their ride.
- If clients or guests do not have the required safety equipment, Coworth Park will provide suitable hats, boots, half chaps, gloves and body protectors for them.
- All instructors are trained and competent to teach at their detailed level as well as being first aid trained.
- Bookings will not be confirmed until the rider information form has been completed and returned to the equestrian team.
- 100% of the fee is charged at all times should any client cancel a booking within 48 hours of the lesson start time or seven days in the case of weekly bookings.
- Please arrive in good time before your booked session time to be fitted for riding equipment as we cannot extend lesson times for those who arrive late.
Booking & cancellation policy
Please note that bookings are deemed provisional until a completed rider information form is received at which point it will then be confirmed. A 100% charge will be made for cancellations made within 48 hours of your lesson start time. Cancellations made prior to this period will not be charged. Bookings made with blocks on a regular weekly basis are subject to a seven-day cancellation policy.
Get in touch
Our guests are the heart of our hotels. Whatever you need and whenever you need it, simply ask.
POLO AND EQUESTRIAN ENQUIRES
+44 (0)1344 756 763
The serviceAt Dorchester Collection we make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Suites and rooms have been built to be flexible so we can create the configuration that’s right for you, just contact our reservation specialists to discuss your needs.
Dorchester Collection NewsletterSign up to our latest news and exclusive offers at Dorchester Collection