Guards Polo Academy at Coworth Park
Coworth Park’s world class polo grounds are managed by Guards Polo Club. Internationally-renowned, the club brings almost 60 years of hosting world-class sport and polo events to Coworth Park, which is the only hotel in the UK that provides its own polo fields and practice facilities. Coworth Park aims to introduce this increasingly accessible and popular sport to non-players through Guards Polo Academy’s private and leisure experiences, allowing polo enthusiasts of all levels to get a true taste for the game.
A polo experience at Guards Polo Academy at Coworth Park is more than just a lesson or a game – it is a foray into a world of unparalleled recreational delight and a unique physical pastime. Field-side hospitality will be second to none as players and spectators enjoy the idyllic parkland settings of these polo grounds.Explore
From individual lessons to bespoke polo days playing alongside members of the world’s most famous polo club. Polo lessons are available between April and September.
Half day polo master class (three hours)
Full day polo master class (six hours)
Corporate polo days
Treat a loved one to a polo lesson at Coworth Park
GIFT CARD 1
Guests staying at Coworth Park are able to attend a full schedule of open polo fixtures, such as the influential Indian Empire Shield and the Audi Polo Challenge.Tournaments schedule and results
- Two international High Goal polo fields maintained by Guards Polo Club
- Fully fenced stick and ball field
- Teaching paddock
Meet the team
The academy is managed by Ebe Sievwright and Philip Meadows, each contributing over two decades’ worth of experience in polo instruction and management. Ebe has played polo for over 25 years. He has played with the renowned high-goal Black Bears team and with many other professional teams in the USA, Argentina and the UK. Ebe has created a unique coaching programme aimed at teaching everyone, including beginners, to ride and play with a view to eventually participating in all levels of polo both amateur and professional.
Phil Meadows, also a player with over 15 years’ experience, is an established figure in the world of polo management and tuition. As well as owning and caring for a carefully developed string of polo ponies, Phil pioneered instructional programmes in windsurfing, mountain biking and snowboarding and is ground-breaking in the art of sports training.
Terms & conditions
- Riders must be over the age of 14 to take part.
- We advise all persons participating in any equestrian activity to ensure they have personal accident insurance. Riding is a risk sport.
- No dogs allowed in the stables or riding areas. No smoking allowed in the stable areas.
- All clients are required to wear a polo hat approved to current safety standards whenever participating in riding activities or handling horses, the chin strap must always be fastened when riding.
- If clients or guests do not have the required safety equipment, Coworth Park will provide suitable hats, boots, half chaps, gloves and body protectors for them.
- All instructors are trained and competent to teach at their detailed level as well as being first aid trained.
- Please arrive in good time before your booked session time to be fitted for riding equipment as we cannot extend lesson times for those who arrive late.
A beginner’s guide to polo
Discover more about the exciting and beautiful world of polo with Ebe Sievwright, manager at Guards Polo Academy.
Booking & cancellation policy
- Guards Polo Academy at Coworth Park operates within the polo season, which is between 1 April and 30 September inclusive. Lessons are only available during this time.
- Lessons are available between 10am and 4.30pm, Sunday to Tuesday. (Please note our polo ponies rest on a Monday).
- Bookings must be made 48 hours in advance to guarantee availability.
- Bookings are deemed provisional until a completed rider information form is received at which point it will then be confirmed.
- A 100% charge will be made for cancellations made within 24 hours of your lesson start time. Cancellations made prior to this period will not be charged.
- Bookings made with blocks on a regular weekly basis are subject to a seven-day cancellation policy.
Develop your horse riding skills
Equestrian at Coworth Park sets a new standard in equestrian recreation and is open for all hotel and local residents to experience the thrill of horse riding.Find out more
Get in touch
Our guests are the heart of our hotels. Whatever you need and whenever you need it, simply ask.
POLO AND EQUESTRIAN ENQUIRES
Blacknest Road, Ascot
Berkshire SL5 7SE
The serviceAt Dorchester Collection we make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Suites and rooms have been built to be flexible so we can create the configuration that’s right for you, just contact our reservation specialists to discuss your needs.
Dorchester Collection NewsletterSign up to our latest news and exclusive offers at Dorchester Collection
Blacknest Road, Ascot
Berkshire SL5 7SE