We hope you enjoy making this delicious recipe and if you’d like to try ours, simply stop by the Fountain Coffee Room at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
Make your own silver dollar pancakes
October 29, 2021
For an indulgent taste of childhood nostalgia or the perfect start to the weekend, this is the only recipe you need. These buttermilk pancakes are quick to make and guaranteed to be a big hit with both kids and the young at heart. It’s time to indulge.
1¾ cup of plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
2 cups buttermilk
¼ cup melted butter
2 medium eggs
A little oil or butter for cooking
– Separate the egg yolks and whites then place all the dry ingredients in a bowl with the egg yolks.
– Stir in the buttermilk and the melted butter.
– In another bowl, whip the egg whites to stiff peaks and gently fold into the pancake mix.
– Pre-heat a non-stick pan or griddle and ladle in a large serving spoon of the pancake mix.
– Once bubbles start to form, flip the pancakes and cook for another one to two minutes.
– Layer up a few of the pancakes on a plate and add your favourite toppings.
One of the many joys of pancakes is that they are so versatile. The topping combinations are only limited by your imagination. Garnishes can include but certainly are not limited to: maple syrup, cherries, chocolate chips, whipped cream, macerated strawberries, blueberries and nuts.
This recipe makes around 32 pancakes
The Beverly Hills Hotel
For over a century, The Beverly Hills Hotel has been the spot for Hollywood’s brightest lights, the ultimate beacon of glamour. She greets you like a movie star from the moment you pass the iconic signage, step onto the signature red carpet and enter the grand lobby. Welcome to the legacy.
- Food and drink Finding the freshest ingredients for 45 Park Lane
- Food and drink Adam Smith’s favourite local producers
- Food and drink Cocktails and mocktails at Bar Nineteen12
- Food and drink Aperitivo time in Milan
- Food and drink The best cheesemongers in Paris
- Food and drink Our famous McCarthy salad recipe
View the latest issue of Collect, our bi-annual magazine featuring a curated mix of culture, art and lifestyle, together with the latest news from Dorchester Collection hotels.